Friday, September 30, 2016

Does Citizen Kane deserve #1?

















                            I don't believe that Citizen Kane deserves the title that it received for so many years. I do think that a lot of people enjoyed the movie, but I was not one of them. I found it to be very boring and it did not contain a lot of action which I usually enjoy. There was a very low suspense level throughout the film. I also felt as though there was really no climx besides at the end when we learn what rosebud means and what it says about his childhood. The storyline was also a little confusing for me to understand. This movie was probably only rated number one because of the camera angles and filming used in it. It contains a diverse range of filming techniques that are unusual, and because of this it probably could have deserved its title one time, but definitely not as many times as it did. It received a title of #1film in the world, and I feel like there would have been much better films for them to choose which they didn't. Comment a scene from Citizen Kane that made you feel that it deserved its great recognition.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the opening scene very interesting even as a teenager because of how expressionistic the filmic style was (the extreme close up of Kane's lips and white mustache whispering "Rosebud," the shattering snow globe).

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scene when Mr Kane and Susan are talking and the camera moves back and forth from a low angle with Kane and a high angle of Susan

    ReplyDelete