Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Class Review



Cinema studies has made me much more diverse in the films I have seen. Without this class I wouldn't have seen half of the movies that I have now. I would never have taken the time to watch any really old movies or black and white films so this class forced me to learn more about them which is good. I believe that this class was very helpful and I learned so much about the film industry and how movies are made and shot. My favorite unit was the Documentary unit because it contained some of the best films of the year such as Koyaanisqatsi and Hoop Dreams, which were some of my favorites and very intriguing and kept my attention. My least favorite movie unit was probably horror because none of the films actually scared me which is what I feel like they are supposed to do. If I could change anything about the cinema studies class in general it would be to take more notes about the directors and learn more about the directors and film producers and maybe test on them. Another idea could be to learn about specific actors and watch multiple films with the same actor to learn more about their acting styles. Overall this was a very informative class and I would love to take it again next year (sadly there is no Cinema Studies ||). I had fun experiencing all of the different aspects of film and a little taste of every movie genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment